You can add to a maximum 10 Skill Points.
Cold Bolt level 3
Press Cast, then Back, then Forward+Weak Attack.
Or, press Cast, then Forward, then Back+Weak Attack.
The magician launches a wave of freezing cold ice spike on the ground that travels horizontally at a very high speed, does minimal damage and has chance to inflict Frozen on the target upon contact.
- It's a single hit non-piercing projectile, meaning it will disperse after hitting one enemy, but if many enemies gathers together at the same spot it has a chance to freeze all of them too.
- Frost Diver will bypass already-Frozen enemies, so it can be spammed to freeze several enemies.
- Frozen status will not affect boss monsters.
- Although it's said it doesn't affect boss monsters, this only applies to some important bosses, usually signaled by a music change during the fight with them. This is usually the end bosses, although at Stage 7 and some of the EX's there are midbosses like Mistress, Garm, Amon Ra,and the Paper. With that said, this works wonders against the Angelings in Lutie and the Toy Factory and Arena Mode Level 10.
- The range of the spell is fullscreen length and cannot hit flying enemies.
- The freeze chance will increase with each point added to the skill level.
Frozen status Edit
- Stops the target from moving.
- Is removed when the target is hit.
- Makes the target take +50% physical damage and -25% magical damage (for one hit). (Unknown stacking with other base modifiers.)
- Changes the target's elemental defenses:
- Fire: 50%
- Lightning: 175%
- The change lasts 1.5 seconds after the first hit.
Get this if you have done with your other skills, this is a nice supplementary skill but not essential to any builds, it helps to pin enemies down and Lightning Bolt and Thunder Storm will do extra damage to a frozen enemy.
If you are a melee battle mage, the fast casting and the stopping effect will help you stall unwanted enemies long enough until your finished with your main target.